Friday, November 20, 2015

Bible reading

When I first began reading the bible, it was for religious purposes. But the more I removed religion and focused understanding, the bible began making sense to me.

Take for instance, Jonah 2:9 
But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. Salvation comes from the LORD."

In my religious mind I would look at sacrificing things for my sins and dedicating a certain day for religious activities. My actions would be more careful to make promises to God and know that God is a forgiving God.

I now see the thankfulness I can sing because I am blessed with another day in living. To break down the word sacrifice and say I surrender this sinful lifestyle in order to live in the reflective image of God. The promises I make to God, I now work to live up to those promises. From our God, our Creator we all have promise of deliverance out of difficult situations as long as our trust is in The Almighty One.

Reading the bible is no longer a religious practice it is now a life learning reference to improve how I live this life. Taking the examples within the scripture and utilizing them in my daily living helps me deal with life's unexpected situations. I now look at the Ten Commandments in two sections: how to love God and how to love people. Throughout this wonderful book I have found fulfilling messages that help me lead a successful and fulfilling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment