Sunday, October 11, 2015

Deal with others, it's hard sometimes

Zechariah 7:9-10 9 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. 10 Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.'

True justice, show mercy, compassion to one another, these are real face slappers to some of us. Almost sounds like how we administer our prejudice thoughts towards the person or people we encounter. This makes me reevaluate myself on how I process my thoughts about people and situations. When I interact with others I have to work on conducting this interaction with an open mind. Giving people a chance to demonstrate who they are and their purpose in the interaction. And just leaving it as such. Difficult to do but practice makes perfection.

On the other hand, some of these widows and fatherless people can be irritating due to the way they behave. And the alienated, as well as the poor can make me say what the hell. Sorry for the statement but I sometimes can't find the proper words to express what I'm trying to say. Now, widows and fatherless individuals, some, act as with a shield of protection around them. They personify this behavior of "I'm okay", but strike when they feel offended. I must say not all act this way but the one's I have encountered behave in this manner. Then there is the alien, again not all behave this way but why come somewhere and treat the people of these surroundings like they all have no want to commune with you. Some people, whether it be out-of-towners or within a community, act like everyone of the social gathering is against them and carry a demeanor that offends others. Mind you, I understand the prejudice of others, but don't assume I have this same manner of ignorance. Then there is the poor, I can only relate to the ones that beg for money, love one if I don't have it to give please don't speak in return to make me feel obligated to go find. All in all, how we interact within the social gathering of people can be trying at times but solidifying our relationship with The Almighty will give us the tools to handle any situation or situations.

This final line validates what a minister preached about years ago; when the bible speaks of the heart it's referring to the mind. In simple terms, the mind is the heart of the soul. How we thinks determines how we live. It is important to have an open-minded manner so the various stressors we face will have minimal to no affect on our lives. Processing a mannerism in good faith can be a foundation that can help us deal with life in a whole different prospective.

No comments:

Post a Comment