Friday, October 9, 2015

What I treasure

Luke 12:33-34 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This passage of scripture shocked me when I first read it. The things I have worked hard for I am directed in this scripture to give away to the poor? To look deeper into this I discovered that mentally I have to become aware of what I categorize as a treasure or treasures. To treasure something is to add value to it. Adding value to something takes me mentally to the protecting it from harm. My house, cars, and material possessions can easily be taken away and if I focus my being on these things then it can alter my psychological state. It can alter how I TREAT PEOPLE IF I FEEL THE POSSIBILTY OF THEM HARMING MY POSSESSIONS.

Taking this into prospective I must learn to first understand that my mental should be on storing things that can help be progress in life, not just possessing things. Focus on things that will evolve my life and the people around me as well. It also does not mean that I have to exhaust my energy with helping others but build myself up to have the ability to help others. Therefore achieving the ability to also maintain a lifestyle that can build and maintain my self actualization of needs.

File:Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.svg

Heaven is a promise to us after we leave this life but how we live this life will dictate the fulfillment of that promise. We all have to live for the here and now, while building up for tomorrow. Learning how to remove all the distractions and focusing on successful goals can help us improve the life we all live. If each person were to build upon the examples of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, we'll find out that it's me that needs to change and that change can change the world. That change can enlighten the world as a whole and help me, as an individual, live a comfortable and fulfilling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment